Want to help Whooping Cranes migrate?

Operation Migration - Whooping Cranes


You can help Operation Migration receive grant money


From Chris Petherick:Hello Everybody,
As many of you may know, Operation Migration is the organization that helps the Whooping Cranes find their proper migration route, among other things. I believe that it was last year, but it's possible that it was two years ago now, that they had their storage unit/hangar vandalized and they lost their ultra-light plane. I am not involved with the organization in any way, other than I have donated to them in the past. So if any of my facts are incorrect, I sincerely apologize.
But that brings me to the point of why I am posting. Operation Migration is in the running for a $25,000 grant that would allow them to purchase a new ultra-light plane and get back to helping the Whooping Cranes head south (and back north too I would suppose). But they need our help. There are two $25,000 grants up for grabs and the way that it works is that people have to go vote for their planned grant usage. It's very easy to do, just follow this link.
You will see 4 categories for grants - $5,000, $10,000, $25,000 and $100,000. Click on the $25,000 button and find them among the "Planet" (green) category and vote for them each day until December 31st.
As I mentioned, I have absolutely no affiliation with this organization, but I thought that they could use any help they could get. I apologize in advance if anyone is offended or in any way unhappy with me posting this.
Chris Petherick
Fox Point, Northeastern Milwaukee County

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyalusing Field Trip - May 14, 2023 at 6:00 AM

Myrick and Hixon Forest Bird Walks - April 25 - May 11, 2023